Our Crit Group Crew program places you in a group of 3-4 women plus a mentor. Your group meets over 3 months, providing an intimate network of accountability and encouragement to each other. Sign ups are limited to 2x a year.
This program is for you if…
– You desire constructive and helpful feedback on your art
– You have questions you want to work through over time
– You are looking to connect with other Artist/Mothers in a tighter-knit group
– You are needing the accountability of warm and vibrant peers to help you stay engaged with your art practice
– You don’t have many people in your life to “talk shop” with and discuss your work or life as an artist
– You need connection with other Artist/Mothers but are limited in the time you can commit to building your own community
– You need the flexibility of a virtual program that can be done from your computer/phone
– You need more peers in your life who take you seriously and are willing to spend time thinking thoughtfully about your work
– You care deeply about your work and desire to connect and be in conversation with other artists who do too!
How it works:
The 12 week program will take place from August 9th through October 31st, 2021. You will be placed in a group of 3-4 members, plus one of our selected mentors.
Each person will recieve:
- 2 rounds of feedback/critique on their work via Zoom
- 1 zoom call a week for your group facilitated by your mentor
- Additional conversation with your group via Whats App, Marco Polo or IG chat
- 1 opportunity to present an artist talk to our program and listeners
- 12 weeks of access to our Artist/Mother Network, our online platform created specifically for our community. You will have free access to the Network for the duration of the course (which includes many other perks and bonuses).
- PLUS! Specialized weekly programming on our Network for the entire Crit Group Program. We will do group activities and work through these topics: manifesting, goal setting, artist statements and artist talks
Groups will set the crit schedules in advance so you are aware of the weeks you will go and can work accordingly. The critique will take place via Zoom on selected weeks. You will upload your images, pose questions when it is your week, and your mentor, plus everyone else in the group will provide thorough feedback and encouragement.
You get out what you put into this program! You are strongly encouraged to participate every week and provide feedback to the other members of your group, exercising your own muscle of sharing thoughtful insight and encouraging your peers.
Applications are open for our Crit Group Mentors!
Are you interested in leading a small group of women for 12 weeks, giving them feedback on their work and providing friendship and facilitating encouragement and support for their art practices?
Check out our mentor application and apply here! Application is now open and will close 4/28/21.
Over the 12 week program (August 9th through October 31st, 2021) you will be responsible for facilitating:
– 1 zoom call a week for your group
– thoughtful feedback and critique for each member in your group, 2 rounds per person
– Setting up an additional conversation chain for your group via WhatsApp, Marco Polo or IG
– Participating in our Network and engaging with our community as a leader
Your group will have 3-4 members based on sign-ups and availability.
You will be compensated for your time. Payouts range from $650 – $900 depending on the size of your group and the different price points of the persons in your group (we offer scholarship options).
We expect you to have prior experience mentoring, to be someone who wants to provide encouragement and support to other Artist/Mothers. We welcome artists from various backgrounds. You do not need to have an MFA or specific exhibition record to apply. We welcome and hope to receive applications from artists working in a wide range of mediums in the visual arts including performance, sculpture, painting, collage, drawing, printmaking, and more. Artists with experience selling work or working commercially are encouraged to apply as well!
We expect you to commit to the system we have set up for this program. We are looking for mentors who are engaged in our community, who love what we are doing and want to be more involved! You will be guided and supported by Kaylan and the Artist/Mother team and we are looking for engaged mentors who want to partner with us and be involved in tangible ways. We hope this is more than just a paid experience for you but something you are passionate about doing and being involved in!
Apply here or send to someone you know who would be a great addition to our program!
Artist Talk Opportunity!
Everyone participating in the Crit Group Crew program will have the option to sign up for one slot to present an artist talk to a group of panelists from our community! These panelists will provide you with feedback about your talk, sharing some tips for improvement and encouragement!
Time slots will take place on: TBD
Do you have questions or need more info? Please email Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crit Group Crew Program fees:
$315 Regular price
$290 Crit Group Alum price
$275 Scholarship Price
*payment plan available
A select amount of scholarships are available for:
-womxn of color
-Chronically ill or disabled
-under 40k combined household income
If you qualify for our scholarship price, simply email us to receive your discount code before purchasing your Crit Group enrollment ticket! email@example.com
Please visit our shop page to secure your spot in the Artist/Mother Crit Group Crew program! (partial payment option )