Come join us for the first ever Artist/Mother retreat!
Thursday evening, November 14th through Sunday morning November 17th, 2019. We will spend a long weekend engaging in conversation, joining in dynamic workshops, while also finding rest and solitude in scheduled moments of quiet and meditation.
We will hear from leaders in our community as they guide us in conversations, material based activities and workshops to inspire us to new places in our work. We will discuss everything from art to parenting, opening ourselves up to be both challenged and renewed.
We will share in conversation about our art practices, learning from each other what works well and discussing areas where we are struggling. There will be opportunities for getting feedback on our work and discussing our careers.
Attention will be spent on our bodies as we take a break from preparing our own food (and food for our families!) and join together for nourishing community meals catered by the incredible Nashville Food Project. We will start each morning with light stretching and yoga, have scheduled time for walking or hiking throughout the day, and a massage therapist will be available for appointments.
This retreat is meant to inspire you to new places with your work, connect you with your body in ways that are restful and restorative, provide you space to engage in thoughtful conversations about art and parenting, and uplift you with hours of encouragement from a loving community.
We will gather at Bethany Hills Camp in the country side of beautiful middle Tennessee, just 25 minutes outside of Nashville. The camp property boasts winding hiking trails, a small lake, clear streams and gorgeous trees on over 340 acres.
1080 Bethany Hills Rd
Kingston Springs, TN 37082
Although accommodations are by no means rustic, this is not a luxury retreat experience. I have prioritized community, affordability and an inspiring setting over fancy amenities.
Your room in the lodge or cabin will be shared with 1-2 other Artist/Mothers.
Each room contains 3 bunk beds, a bathroom, central heat/air, a closet and storage. No one will need to sleep on the top bunk (unless you choose to!)
If you are wanting to book with a group of friends, a handful of cabins are available that could fit up to 6 Artist/Mothers. Please email me after booking with any specific room requests.
Lodge rooms can fit up to 3 Artist/Mothers and can also be requested to share. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with sharing requests.
While this retreat is structured for Artist/Mothers and not entire families, I certainly understand that it is not always possible to travel without our children. Childcare will not be provided by the retreat but there are a few limited housing options available on the property if you needed to attend with your child and a caregiver and desire a private rooming situation. Please email Kaylan directly to discuss these options: email@example.com
$595 early bird (ends September 1)
$645 regular price (ends November 1)
– 3 nights lodging
– healthy and nourishing meals for the duration of the retreat: breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday, appetizers and cocktails on Thursday after check in, breakfast on Sunday before departure
– all materials needed for the workshops presented
– coffee and snack bar available throughout the duration of the retreat
Fee does not include:
– Airfare or transportation to the venue. If you will be flying into the Nashville International Airport, Kaylan will connect you with others flying in so you can rent a car or share a taxi/uber together
– Though not guaranteed, it is possible if enough people fly, Kaylan will offer one shuttle service from the airport to the retreat location
– art supplies for your own studio time (supplies for workshops will be provided)
– additional snacks and beverages that you may want throughout the retreat